Monday, September 24, 2012

changes I will make

Improving my health, body and life!

There are steps that I need to make in order to live a healthier lifestyle and prevent these diseases that are related to nutrition. One of the biggest thing I can do is exersize on a regular basis. I am a little bit over my target body weight, and would like to get back to how my body is when it feel healthy. At this weight, I have more energy, and I just feel better overall. In order to do this, I also need to eat a better diet. Some ways to do this are listed below.

For me, the most important thing is Portion control. I plan to eat less, when I am full, I'll stop eating. It is very easy to clear my plate, and eat more food than is reccomended. Portioning out my food before it even hits my plate - and measuring food - will help me with this. It would also help to use smaller plates and bowls. Using large bowls will cause you to want to add more food. Society also has changed to be very ‘quantity based.’ We want more of everything, and the more we are getting, the more we are willing to pay. Plus, people always want more for less, and this holds true with food. I need to ignore this mid set when it comes to food.

Another thing I can do is to eat a small healthy snack before I have a meal. Eating a cup of fruit would be a good idea and this will help me eat less of the meal itself. I order kids meals a lot of the time – that is a normal and appropriate amount of food for me to eat. I also order one dinner at a place like Olive garden or Chili’s, and immediately place half in a to go container for another meal.

Read labels - I will pay attention to the labels on the foods I eat. I'll try and eat foods high in fiver, but low in sugars and trans fat. This will require effort, but it's well worth it!

I will Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially RAW fruits and veggies since these contain more vitamins and nutrients.

Hopefully all of this can help me be more healthy and energized. These things could make for a better lifestyle, and a big improvement for my body and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment